The card has touch-sensitive buttons and the ability to create a “one-time password” – doing away with the need for a separate device sometimes needed to log in to online banking.
Future versions of the card could display added information such as the remaining balance.
The card will be available from January before being rolled out globally.
Many of the world’s banks require customers to log in to online banking by using a small security device to generate a one-off password.
While considerably more secure than typical static username and password log-in systems, many people find using security tokens cumbersome given the need to keep it with them in order to use online banking.
Mastercard’s interactive card aims to solve that issue.
(For full article please see: http://www.bbc.co.uk)
The Emergency Services Show and Conference 2012 is one of the key events for emergency services professionals, indeed anyone involved in emergency planning, response or recovery, both in the UK and abroad.
From strategic planners and first responders to the manufacturers and suppliers of equipment used by these leading professionals, the show brings together everyone involved in an emergency, over an action packed two days.
As a visitor to the show you can:
* SOURCE equipment and services from over 400 specialist suppliers, showcasing the latest innovations in the industry
* DISCOVER how you can make vital cost saving efficiencies on behalf of your organisation
* LEARN from industry experts by attending the supporting one-day conference
* NETWORK with like-minded individuals to share information and good practice, together with discussing resources, framework agreements, income generation and outsourcing
* WITNESS exciting live demonstrations
* MEET with up to 100 end users exhibiting within the Emergency Response Zone. This Zone (essential for operational staff and emergency planning officers) is made up of other Category 1 and 2 Responders, Professional, Government and Voluntary organisations, offering perfect networking opportunities to affiliated organisations.
* CONSIDER innovative and creative ways of working with your peers in the future.
(To register or find out more please visit: www.emergencyuk.com)
* Sunlight readability
* LED backlight
* Wide operating temperature capability; and
* Touch-screen interactivity
|IP65-Sealed Panel Mount Monitor Demonstration|
Are you an Emergency Services professional currently on the look-out for displays for a service vehicle application? - Then check out our ‘Mobile’ range.
These days with the advent of LCD technology being available at much lower cost than it was 5 years ago, LCD monitors are being deployed for use within a wide variety of applications that require the facility of a compact sized yet rugged-style monitor.
The variety of applications that these displays can be used for is constantly expanding and one industry sector that has experienced tremendous growth in recent years is the emergency services sector.
All of our ‘Mobile’ series are E-Mark certified making them an ideal choice for use within emergency service vehicles such as:
* Police cars – enabling them to have far more in-car access to real-time information
* Ambulances – allowing for accurate patient monitoring during transportation to and from hospital
* Response vehicles – providing the ability to access police databases and automatic number plate recognition technology
Here at FlatVision we have utilised our extensive displays experience to create transportation-specific displays that are rugged, easy to use and resistant to extreme temperatures, as well as providing optional extra features such as touch-screen interactivity.
Key Features Available Include:
* Ultra low-power LED backlight
* Wide operating temperature capability
* Shock / vibration proof
* Touch-screen technology
* Multiple input configurations as required
For more information on our ‘Mobile’ range please take a look at our website or feel free to give us a call on: (01782) 567979 to discuss any potentional questions or enquiries you may need our help with.
Are you an Avionics or Military-based professional looking to source displays for avionics and flight-control related applications? – Then look no further.
Here at FlatVision we have the ability to offer a range of bespoke MIL-Spec Certified LCD monitors available in sizes from 8.4″ up to 15″, designed and engineered specifically for extreme environmental leading-edge avionics applications, providing service personnel with the most innovative display products improving safety, situational awareness and mission effectiveness.
Our ‘Combat’ series incorporate a range of ruggedised avionics grade LCD displays, designed to operate under the most extreme environments, that can be found in high performance jet aircraft, helicopters, tactical wheeled & tracked vehicles, marine and submarine vessels.
Housed within a fully IP67-sealed milled billet aluminium cased enclosure, the ‘Combat’ Series provide a light weight and watertight solution, incorporating fully-sealed military-grade connectors, whilst also being shock and vibration resilient.
As with all of our products, our displays are put through rigorous testing procedures to ensure full compliance with all applicable display standards, and in the case of our MIL-Spec displays, we also comply with the necessary military standards including MIL-STD-810F (envi ronmental) and MIL-STD-461E (EMC/EMI).
Key Features Available Include:
* Milled billet aluminium housing provides better corrosion resistance Fully IP67-sealed including military-grade sealed connectors ensures no water/dust ingress
* Transflective monitor enhancement
* Wide operating temperatures
* Tactile Button OSD User-Interface
* LED Backlight (1000:1 Dimming Ratio)
* Antireflective/Antiglare Surface Treatments
* Wide Range Input (8-36 VDC) 20 Watts Maximum Power Consumption
As an additional feature dependant upon the application we are also able to offer a wide range of Touch screen options such as Resistive, Capacitive, surface Acoustic Wave and Infra Red with interface from RS232 to USB to suit a variety of applications where a touch screen is the essential input device to the monitor.
* Flight Control & Navigation ECDIS & Radar Situational Awareness Applications
* UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) navigation for intelligence and surveillance applications
* Target acquisition systems C4I (Command, Control, Communication & Computer Intelligence) operations
* Navigation and Global Positioning Applications Radar, telemetry and communications operations
* GM-VAS (Ground Mobility Visual Augmentation System)
* Employ Topographical or GPS Mapping
* Thermal Imaging Gunsight
For more information on our ‘Combat’ Series please refer to our website or feel free to give us a call on: (01782) 567979 to discuss any potentional questions or enquiries you may need our help with.
Below are a few examples of the types of applications touch input systems are being used for today:
Information kiosks, tourism displays, trade show displays and other electronic displays are used by many people that have little or no computing experience. The user-friendly touch screen interface can be less intimidating and easier to use than other input devices, especially for novice users. A touchscreen can help make your information more easily accessible by allowing users to navigate your presentation by simply touching the display screen.
In today’s fast pace world, waiting in line is one of the things that has yet to speed up. Self-service touch screen terminals can be used to improve customer service
Heritage High School in Littleton, Colo., just outside Denver, deployed five digital signage screens throughout the school, starting in 2009. One display greets students and visitors just inside the main entrance; another sits above the school’s “Senior Pit” area; while the remaining three hang in the school’s student center.
“It’s a great communication tool for us,” said Heritage High School Office Manager Kathy Smith, in a recent interview at the school. The displays are used for campus-wide announcements and to help keep students apprised of the different bell schedules for different days of the week or for school assemblies, she said. “It keeps a lot of the kids informed; instead of coming in here constantly asking, they can just look up on the signs and get the information. They seem to really like it.”
The digital signage system also has evolved into something that provides educational opportunities and video production experience to Heritage High students. Various students groups have created video ads to be displayed on the screens, and the school’s fledgling video production class and marketing classes create video ads for the system. School booster groups also have created videos for the screens, such as a highlight reel from the school baseball team, and the school’s band director usually provides clips of concert highlights for the displays.
The screens also serve a wayfinding function, with the school’s multiple floors displayed in a clear layout, and the school can include RSS feeds from media outlets such as CNN and ESPN. And occasionally, Smith said, the students will succeed in petitioning to have a live event, say the Olympics, shown on the screens.
(For full article please see: http://www.digitalsignagetoday.com)
Flatvision’s Brand-New range of Multi-Touch monitors benefit from Infrared technology, and are ideal for public location applications where a finger, gloved hand, pen or even a stylus can be used to operate the screen.
Whatever your needs we will have a solution to fit your requirements, so please do not hesitate to give our experienced Sales Team a call on (01782) 567962 to find out more, or view our website for further details: www.flatvision.co.uk
Due to the explosion of popularity for touch-screen devices since gadgets such as the IPad and Smartphones became available, we have seen a surge of interest in using this type of user-friendly interface in various LCD display formats in an ever expanding range of applications from Point of Sale, Hotel and Leisure Centres to Self-Service Restaurants.
With this in mind we have developed a diverse range of touch-screen products which take interactive display technology to the next level by combining uncompromising performance, brilliant high-definition graphics, wide viewing angles and elegant product design into a series of fully-integrated, easy-to-use desktop and podium display solutions.
The most outstanding feature of these displays is how simple they are to use, and the touch-screen technologies available including SAW, Infrared and Capacative.
So if you have seen a display that would ideally fit your application, and are considering incorporating touch-screen interactivity please give our Sales team a call on 01782 567979 and they will discuss the options available with you.
Alternatively please feel free to send your specification requirements in an email over to our Sales Team, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Please feel free to view our diverse range of touch-screen solutions on our website: www.flatvision.co.uk